The Office of Provider Network Supports focuses on developing and sustaining a qualified community of providers in Virginia so that people who have developmental disabilities and their families have choice and access to options that meet their needs. Here you will find resources from Provider Development including information on becoming a provider, information about Virginia’s Person-Centered ISP, who to contact for technical assistance, and various training resources.
- Toolkit for Prospective DD Waiver Providers
- Join the Provider Network Listserv at Constant Contact
- Provider Network Supports CRC Contact Chart effective 12/4/23
- Information about Social Capital
- Addressing Risk in the WaMS ISP v.3.3 Webinar Recording
HCBS Waivers Quality Assurance Program: End of Year Report
- Overview of DBHDS DD Waiver Quality Assurances
- QRT Performance Measures for CMS Assurances
- FY19 QRT End of Year Report
- FY20 QRT End of Year Report
- FY21 QRT End of Year Report
Provider Innovation Collaborative Presentations – Click Here
Virginia Provider Data Summary
On November 9th, 2017, the Office of Provider Network Supports in the Division of Developmental Services (DDS) at the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) hosted the first Provider Data Summary (PDS) webinar as a way to engage and inform Virginia’s developmental disabilities (DD) providers about the state of DD services across the Commonwealth. Provider Data Summary webinars are planned to continue on a semi-annual basis to provide a forum for sharing the results of ongoing analysis of gaps in DD services across all regions. Information from these webinars will be available here following each scheduled event in May and November.
- PDS Dashboard with the Baseline Measurement Tool
- Report November 2022
- Webinar Recording November 2022
- 2022 Baseline Measurement Tool
- Report May 2022
- Webinar Recording May 2022
- Webinar Slides May 2022
- Webinar Q&A May 2022
- Report May 2021
- Webinar Recording May 2021
- Webinar Slides May 2021
- Provider Data Summary Report (June-Nov 18 2018)
Jump-Start Funding Program
Jump-Start is a funding initiative designed for individuals seeking certain integrated community service options with new and expanding DD providers. This one-time funding is to develop infrastructure and capacity in community-based service organizations to support specific individuals while preparing to meet future community needs especially in geographically underserved areas.
Jump-Start Materials: (complete these fillable forms, and send as attachments)
- Assignment of Award– 7/24/2022
- Application– 10/24/23
- Funding Program Information– 10/24/23
- Jump-Start Budget Form – 1/29/24
Questions regarding Jump-Start can be sent to Jumpstart@dbhds.virginia.gov
Shared Living information
Join the Provider Database!
The Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services (DBHDS), Office of Provider Network Supports (OPNS)
has begun another exciting partnership with Senior Navigator of Virginia in which they will serve as the search engine
for Virginia’s providers of Developmental Disabilities Waiver Services at http://mylifemycommunityvirginia.org.
If you have not visited the site or participated in the free registration to become a professional member, do not delay.
If you are already registered, manage your agency profile here: http://mylifemycommunityvirginia.org/login
Regional Support Teams (RST)
The Department of Behavioral Health and Development Services (DBHDS) implemented five Regional Support Teams (RSTs) in March 2013. The RSTs are comprised of professionals with experience and expertise in serving individuals with developmental disabilities and complex behavioral and medical needs. The RST will seek to resolve identified barriers and ensure supports are provided in the most integrated setting are appropriate to the individual’s needs and are consistent with the individual’s informed choice.
Questions about the RST process can be discussed with an Individual Team CRC or by contacting: RST.Referrals@dbhds.virginia.gov
- WaMS RST Preview Session Recording (WaMS RST Referral User Guide can be located in WaMS in the Training Manuals, Webinars, and FAQs section.)
- When to Submit RST Referral
- RST Meeting Schedule and Regions
- RST Referral Process
- Virginia Informed Choice (VIC) Form-[word file] (uploaded August 2023)
- VIC Protocol-[word file]
Upcoming trainings and meetings are announced through the Provider Network Listserv quarterly. Be sure to sign up for announcements here
- Employment and Community Transportation Service Provider Module Video
- Employment and Community Transportation Service Provider Module Slides (Coming Soon)
- My Life My Community Waiver Training Resources
- Providers: Set Up WaMS Account
ISP Guidance, Templates, and Training
- Person Centered ISP Guidance Document 2021
- ISP v3.3 Q&A (includes ISP updates for Employment and Integrated Community Involvement)
- ISP Training Resources
- Part V Template with Support Instructions (2022)
- Part V Template Instructions
- Blended Part V Template with Support Instructions (2023)
- Blended Person-Centered Review Template (2023)
- Blended Part V Sample, Maria (2023)
- Allowable Activities and Considerations for Developing Skill Building Activities
- Quarterly Person Centered Review Template (.docx)
- Personal Assistance, Respite, and Companion- Modified Use of Part V in WaMS
- Personal Preferences Tool for use with DMAS 97 A/B
- Personal Preferences Tool Sample
- ISP Fact Sheet: Integrated Community Involvement (added 10/24/23)
- ISP Life Area Cheat Sheet (added 10/24/23)
- Employment Outcomes Fact Sheet (added 2/22/24)
- Electronic Home-Based Services (EHBS) Assessment Form (added 2/23/24)
DSP and Supervisor Orientation Training and Competencies
DSP supervisors were established in 2016. Certain providers of DD Waiver services are required to meet training requirements established by DBHDS. When services and supports are provided in DBHDS-licensed settings, competency observation and documentation also applies.
See more information at the Centralized Training for Providers webpage.
Provider Issue Resolution Workgroup
In May of 2018, the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) convened the Provider Issues Resolution Workgroup (PIRW) to identify and address issues that impact the development, expansion and maintenance of a healthy provider network that is accessible to all Virginians with developmental disabilities (DD).