The Individual and Family Support Program (IFSP) assists individuals with developmental disabilities and their families with accessing person-centered and family-centered resources, supports, services and other assistance. The program's primary target population is individuals on the waiting list for Virginia's Developmental Disabilities (DD) Medicaid waivers.
The goal of the program is to support continued community living.
Click HERE to sign-up for important IFSP Program Updates.
For general information about either the IFSP Community Coordination Program or the IFSP Funding, please download our program flyer by clicking here.
You can also learn more about the IFSP-Funding by visting the Resources for Families page on disAbilityNavigator's My Life, My Community Website at http://www.mylifemycommunityvirginia.org/taxonomy/mlmc-menu-zone/resources-families.
- August 9, 2019 Important Information on the FY 2020 IFSP - Funding
Information on the FY 2020 IFSP-Funding Program can be found on the Resources for Families page on disAbilityNavigator's My Life, My Community Website at http://www.mylifemycommunityvirginia.org/taxonomy/mlmc-menu-zone/resources-families . Please visit the site to download the funding program announcement which includes key program dates.
FY 2020 IFSP Funding Timeline
- September 9, 2019 is the first day to access and save an application. You will not be able to submit your application before the submission date.
- On October 1, 2019 at 9:00 a.m., applicants will be able to submit an application. You will not be able to submit your application before this date. Remember, the IFSP Funding Program provides assistance on a first-come, first-served basis. Early applications are encouraged.
- October 11, 2019 is the last day to submit a FY 2020 IFSP Funding Application. The application will close at 5:00 p.m.
What you will need to apply for FY 2020 Funds
- Access to a computer or mobile device with an internet browser. All applications are submitted on-line.
- You will need a valid email address. For previous applicants, you may use your previously provided email address. If you need to use a new email address, please register with the new address. New applicants may register at https://ifsponline.dbhds.virginia.gov. Please note: The application will not be available before September 9th.
- Please make sure you have an accurate Social Security Number (SSN) and date of birth for both the applicant and the responsible party. You will need to provide the SSN of the individual who is on the DD Waiver Waiting List when you apply.
- IFSP Community Coordination
DBHDS established the Individuals and Family Support Community Coordination Program to assist families and individuals with developmental disabilities with making local connections to resources and supports that maintain community living.
The effort is a partnership led by families that have formed councils covering the five DBHDS service regions. Together, DBHDS and the IFSP State and Regional Councils have worked to establish Virginia’s Individual and Family Support State Plan and to set local goals to support its implementation.
For more information, please see the links below for helpful resources.
- IFSP Community Coordination Program
- The IFSP State and Regional Roster
- Virginia's Individual and Family Support Program State Plan for Increasing Support for Virginian's with Developmental Disabilities (February 2019)
- Overview of the Regional Council
- Overview of the State Council
- State and Regional Council Charters
IFSP Funding Program
The IFSP Funding Program provides financial assistance to individuals and families awaiting services through one of Virginia's Developmental Disabilities waivers. Individuals on the waitlist may apply for financial assistance to cover eligible costs that support continued living in an independent setting.
Please sign-up for important IFSP Program Updates by joining our listserv by clicking HERE .