Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response • Have you downloaded COVIDWISE, Virginia's COVID-19 exposure notification app? Add your phone to the fight here. For up-to-date information, assistance, and resources from across state government, click here.
There are currently a variety of complex reforms underway such as the DOJ Settlement Agreement, STEP-VA, and state hospital census management, that call for clearly defined and coordinated priorities, goals and thoughtful actions to ensure improvements have the intended impact. DBHDS' strategic planning efforts work to coordinate efforts surrounding these major initiatives and other critical work throughout the agency. DBHDS also prepares plans required by §37.2-315 of the Code of Virginia and by the Department of Planning and Budget pursuant to §2.2-2684 of the Code of Virginia (Strategic Plans and Area Plans).
DBHDS Comprehensive State Plan
DBHDS Strategic and Area Plans
- Agency Plan 720 – Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (Central Office)
- Agency Plan 790 – Grants to Localities (CSB funding)
- Agency Plan 792 – Mental Health Treatment Centers
- Agency Plan 793 – Intellectual Disabilities Training Centers
- Agency Plan 794 – Virginia Center Behavioral Rehabilitation
DBHDS Strategic Plans
DBHDS Fiscal Year 2016 Annual Report