- Select a Section for More Information
- For Families
- Support Networks
- For Providers
- Virginia Mental Health Access Program (VMAP)
- Evidence Based Practices
- Trauma Informed Care
Welcome to the Office of Child and Family Services.
If you are looking for services and supports for your child or adolescent, please visit the For Families tab.
Our vision is for children with behavioral health needs and their families in Virginia to be healthy, resilient, and thriving with access to a comprehensive integrated system of care that is community-based, trauma-responsive, family-driven, outcome-oriented, and culturally competent.
Major Policy Goals
- Improve access to a coordinated, consistent array of behavioral health services across the Commonwealth.
- Promote best practices in children’s community-based behavioral health services.
- Seek funding initiatives that support a comprehensive service array.
- Support integration of behavioral health services in primary care and schools
- Take a leadership role in promoting the system of care philosophy, by modeling the principles, collaborating at an interagency level, and involving families and youth.
- Promote opportunities for behavioral health equity across the state in under-served and with groups have historical experienced racism or oppression in treatment access.
- Promote the development of family support and education.
Reimagining Mental Health For Virginia’s Youth – A School-Based Approach Conference – June 6-7, 2023 Click Here to Register
37.2-308 and § 2.2-5206. Data reporting on children and adolescents.
Memo for Children and Adolescents Acute and Residential Reporting Form
Acute Care and Residential Treatment Report Form
Substance Use Disorder Service Availability Form
The 2012 General Assembly has added to section 37.2-505 of the Code of Virginia,
which on July 1, 2012 require CSBs to provide information to hospitals about their substance use disorder services available to minors. The Department has created a template, for download, that should be used to provide this information to hospitals.