The COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving. We encourage providers to regularly monitor information from the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Please select a topic area to the right for more information and guidance from DBHDS.
Tracking COVID-19 Cases
- DBHDS is providing information on positive cases of COVID-19 and deaths of individuals receiving services in licensed DBHDS programs on the Licensed Provider COVID-19 Data Dashboard (5/06/21). These are derived from cases reported by providers in CHRIS and do not reflect official Virginia Department of Health data.
- DBHDS is providing updates on positive staff and patient cases at DBHDS facilities on Wednesdays. The frequency of updates will be adjusted as needed. Please note there are approximately 5,500 staff and 1,850 patients among the 12 DBHDS facilities. Click below for the latest update:
COVID-19 Tracker (May 17, 2021)
- UPDATED DBHDS State Visitation Policy Related to COVID-19 (April 15, 2021)
- Virginia Receives Federal Permission to Extend COVID-19 Crisis Counseling Warmline
- VA COPES - Until Dec. 1, 2021 (April 14, 2021)
- Rapid Antigen Test Kits for Providers (January 27, 2020)
- Governor Northam Issues Executive Order 70
to Address Impacts of COVID-19 in State Psychiatric Hospitals (August 18, 2020)
- DBHDS Guidance on Executive Order 70 (August 18, 2020)
- Virginia Receives Additional Federal Funds to Operate COVID-19 Warm Line Through May 2021 - The warm line supports those struggling with trauma, grief and distress caused by COVID-19 (August 19, 2020)
- DBHDS Receives Federal Grant to Address Impacts of COVID-19 (April 27, 2020)
VA COPES Warm Line
Call Toll Free: 877-349-6428
9AM - 9PM Monday - Friday
5PM - 9PM Saturday - Sunday
Please click here for a PDF of Coping with COVID-19 in Virginia