Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response • Have you downloaded COVIDWISE, Virginia's COVID-19 exposure notification app? Add your phone to the fight here. For up-to-date information, assistance, and resources from across state government, click here.
Office of Community Quality Improvement and Risk Management
As part of the DBHDS Division of Quality Improvement Management and Development, the Office of Community Quality Improvement and Risk Management includes oversight of the Risk Management Review Committee, Delmarva Quality Service Reviews, National Core Indicators Project (NCI), the Quality Review Panel (co-chaired with the QMD Office of Data Analytics and Visualization), the Regional Quality Review Committees, and the Quality Improvement Committee (QIC). Each of these committees reviews and analyzes data that are collected from providers. These committees make recommendations to the QIC designed to reduce harm and injury including quality improvement and risk management strategies to improve the overall quality of services to the individuals served. The QIC may initiate quality improvement studies or activities designed to address identified recommendations.
Case Management (CM) Quality Improvement
- Develop and manage a statewide system to track the training and quality of case management services.
- Review and analyze quality improvement processes and outcome measures for case management.
- Ensure consistent quality and training across CSB case management services.
- Provide technical assistance to CSBs related to quality improvement of case management services.
Quality Service Reviews (QSR)
National Core Indicators (NCI)
DBHDS Quality Improvement Committee (QIC)
COMMUNITY QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND RISK MANAGEMENT RESOURCES
- SC Quality Review Methodology
- SC Quality Review Survey Instrument Technical Guide
- SCQR Processes
- Office of Licensing Emergency Regulation Changes Training: Root Cause Analysis - The Basics June 2019
- Quality Improvement Putting the Pieces Together
- PLW RQC Summit - Quality Matters
- PLW RQC Summit - NASDDDS PLW
- PLW RQC Summit - Using Data to Promote Health, Safety and Quality of Life
- RQC Orientation