The Office of Provider Development focuses on developing and sustaining a qualified community of providers in Virginia so that people who have developmental disabilities and their families have choice and access to options that meet their needs. Here you will find resources from Provider Development including information on becoming a provider, information about Virginia’s Person-Centered ISP, who to contact for technical assistance, and various training resources.
- Toolkit for Prospective DD Waiver Providers
- Join the Provider Network Listserv at Constant Contact
- Provider Development CRC Contact Chart effective 1/1/22
- Information about Social Capital
- WaMS Training: See Training Manuals, Webinars, and FAQs
HCBS Waivers Quality Assurance Program:End of Year Report
- PowerPoint Overview
- FY19 QRT End of Year Report
- FY20 QRT End of Year Report
- FY21 QRT End of Year Report
Provider Innovation Collaborative Presentations – Click Here
Virginia Provider Data Summary
On November 9th, 2017, the Office of Provider Development in the Division of Developmental Services (DDS) at the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) hosted the first Provider Data Summary webinar as a way to engage and inform Virginia’s developmental disabilities (DD) providers about the state of DD services across the Commonwealth. Provider Data Summary webinars are planned to continue on a semi-annual basis to provide a forum for sharing the results of ongoing analysis of gaps in DD services across all regions. Information from these webinars will be available here following each scheduled event in May and November.
- 2021 Baseline Measurement Tool
- Report May 2021
- Webinar Recording May 2021
- Webinar Slides May 2021
- Report November 2020
- Webinar Recording November 2020
- Slides November 2020
- Provider Data Summary Report (June-Nov 18 2018)
Jump-Start Funding Program
Jump-Start is a funding initiative designed for individuals seeking certain integrated community service options with new and expanding DD providers. This one-time funding is to develop infrastructure and capacity in community-based service organizations to support specific individuals while preparing to meet future community needs especially in geographically underserved areas.
Jump-Start Materials: (complete these fillable forms, and send as attachments)
- Assignment of Award– 3/19/2021
- Application– 3/19/2021
- Funding Program Information– 03/19/2021
Questions regarding Jump-Start can be sent to Jumpstart@dbhds.virginia.gov
Shared Living information
Join the Provider Database!
The Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services (DBHDS), Office of Provider Development (PD)
has begun another exciting partnership with Seniornavigator of Virginia in which they will serve as the search engine
for Virginia’s providers of Developmental Disabilities Waiver Services at http://mylifemycommunityvirginia.org.
If you have not visited the site or participated in the free registration to become a professional member, do not delay.
If you are already registered, manage your agency profile here: http://mylifemycommunityvirginia.org/login
Regional Support Teams (RST)
The Department of Behavioral Health and Development Services (DBHDS) implemented five Regional Support Teams (RSTs) in March 2013. The RSTs are comprised of professionals with experience and expertise in serving individuals with developmental disabilities and complex behavioral and medical needs. The RST will seek to resolve identified barriers and ensure supports are provided in the most integrated setting are appropriate to the individual’s needs and are consistent with the individual’s informed choice.
- When to Submit RST Referral
- RST Meeting Schedule and CSB Regions
- RST Referral Process
- RST Referral-[word file]
- RST Referral Guidance Example
- RST Recommendations Tracker Guidance Example
- Virginia Informed Choice (VIC)-Handfill
- Virginia Informed Choice (VIC) Form-[word file]
- Virginia Informed Choice (VIC) Guidance Example
- VIC Protocol-[word file]
Upcoming trainings and meetings are announced through the Provider Network Listserv quarterly. Be sure to sign up for announcements here
- My Life My Community Waiver Training Resources
- Providers: Set Up WaMS Account
- WaMS ISP Training Videos
ISP Guidance, Templates, and Training
- Person Centered ISP Guidance Document 2021
- Part V Training Resources
- Part V Template with Support Instructions (2022)
- Part V Template Instructions
- Allowable Activities and Considerations for Developing Skill Building Activities
- Quarterly Person Centered Review Template (.docx)
- Personal Assistance, Respite, and Companion- Modified Use of Part V in WaMS
- Personal Preferences Tool for use with DMAS 97 A/B
- Personal Preferences Tool Sample
DSP and Supervisor Orientation Training and Competencies
DSP supervisors were established in 2016. Certain providers of DD Waiver services are required to meet training requirements established by DBHDS. When services and supports are provided in DBHDS-licensed settings, competency observation and documentation also applies.
See more infomation at the Centralized Training for Providers webpage.
Provider Issue Resolution Workgroup
In May of 2018, the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) convened the Provider Issues Resolution Workgroup (PIRW) to identify and address issues that impact the development, expansion and maintenance of a healthy provider network that is accessible to all Virginians with developmental disabilities (DD).